|This is a PVC plant light stand which you can make yourself.
This plant stand has 3 shelves. One could be made with only 2 shelves if you are not
starting that many seedlings. Each shelf will hold 4 standard (10" x 20") nursery flats.
Cost to construct this unit is approximately $100 to $120 including the flourescent
shop lights, but no shelving material. This unit is narrow enough that you can
use the nursery flats to hold your plants and so no shelves are actually needed.
BELOW PLEASE FIND SOME NEW DRAWINGS. THANKS TO L. BURHANS WHO HAS SO GRACIOUSLY CREATED THESE EXCELLENT DRAWINGS! I'M SURE THESE DIRECTIONS AND DRAWINGS WILL HELP YOU MAKE YOUR PLANT STAND.
|You will need:
- 10' lengths of 1" schedule 40 PVC (7 to 8 pieces)
- (40) - 1" tees
- Hand held PVC cutting tool (it's worth it)
- Tape measure
- Sharpie marker (or similar marker - pencil will work)
- (6)narrow flourescent shop light fixtures holding 2 tubes each
and having long cords
- (1)electrical power bar with 6 outlet plugs
- Automatic timer for ease of turning lights on and off automatically
Cut the pieces as follows:
- (16) - 19-1/2" horizontal long pieces
- (16) - 3" horizontal short pieces
- (12) - 14" vertical side pieces
- (12) - 15" horizontal cross pieces
- (4) - 5" legs
- Red - 16x 19.5" horizontal bars
- White - 16x 3" connectors
- Blue - 12x 14" vertical bars
- Green - 12x 15" cross bars
- Orange - 4x 5" legs
- Grey - 40x T-connectors
L Burhans, 2002.